Top 10 Reasons to Give Trump One Year
- We may have liked Obama’s style, but our debt, healthcare and education costs, middle class prospects, immigration problems, and international policies were huge issues, and now all are in play. Wait and see!
- He has interesting takes on issues such as vaccinations, shrinking government, tax reform, etc.
- The blacks, gays, muslims and women had their time. Let the white guy make a comeback. Please?
- It’s interesting to see what may happen when the house, senate and white house are all the same party.
- Personally, I think the liberal protesters are being lame when it comes to fake news, violence, and overlooking Hillary’s flaws. And maybe the country was just a little bit too left of center.
- Trump will fix our broken media. Not through Twitter I hope. But by being more transparent.
- Obamacare was a disaster. But Trump’s family and advisors are smart. It will be okay.
- I love his family. They seem really smart and cool.
- He’s our oldest president. Maybe that’s a good thing.
- Small businesses were getting crushed under Obama. No more.
Top 10 Fallacies In The U.S.A.
- 9/11 could not have been avoided. In fact, the U.S. Gov’t wanted it to happen, and they benefitted.
- The Federal Reserve is the government. No, it’s the big banks, and they want to own everything.
- Our water is safe, our food supply is safe, drugs are safe, immunizations are safe. Wrong again.
- Our justice system works. Nope. It’s rigged for the rich and those who know the law to win.
- Inflation is low, around 5%. Sorry, not true. With minor exceptions, we are getting ripped off.
- We are getting the truth in our newscasts, and our politicians care about us. Not a chance!
- Our economy is stable. Not at all. Get ready for a bigger fall than 2008, it is being planned.
- Home ownership is a right, and on the up and up. No sir, the government is using it to plunder.
- Cancer is being eradicated, along with other dreaded diseases. No, they enjoy the money though!
- You are free. Ha ha, not at all, the government owns you. Look into it!
Top 10 Restaurants In Metrowest Boston (For Health & Enjoyment)
- Masao’s Kitchen
- Green Leaf
- Sweet Greens
- Legal Seafoods
- Pho Dakao
- Big Fresh Café
- The Thai Place
- Fresh City
Top 10 Ways to Reduce Stress & Heal
- Say no to work and yes to time off
- Spend less time on the computer and smart phone
- Relax outdoors in the early morning and the evening
- Bring some plants home, garden, join a CSA, etc.
- Do yoga, meditation, affirmations, chanting, stretching, naps
- Eat less food at each meal, and drink water in between meals
- Lay off the salty, dry, animal, processed and chemical foods
- Buy organic when it comes to berries and greens, and more…
- Live and let live, don’t use pesticides, compost
- Smile more and notice good things about others more
Why We Are All Sick (117 Million, fully 1/3 of Americans have a chronic illness)
- Pesticides in everything from Oatmeal to Wheat to Soy to Meats and Dairy
- Hair coloring, nail polish, diesel fumes and chlorine and flouride in our water
- Hormones and steroids in foods, and given by our doctors
- Radiation from microwave ovens, speed traps, aircraft radar, wireless, RV, high tension wires, computers and phones
- Too much time inside, with spores from air conditioning, and dust, and pet dander
- Not enough time outside in nature
- Eating too much, and poor elimination, and therefore high toxicity
- Medications and drugs, alcohol and the like
- Overworking, poverty, stress, fear, poor relationships, loneliness and depression
Top 10 U.S. Government Lies
- Polio was eradicated by the Salk Vaccine
- 9/11 and Pearl Harbor were surprise attacks
- The FDA is not paid off by corporations to fast-track drugs by big pharma
- George W. Bush won the 2000 election fair and square
- Big banks are not being allowed to water down our economy through bailouts, free Fed Loans and illegal home seizures
- Immunizations are now safe
- AIDS was not caused by the U.S. Government
- Lyme Disease has nothing to do with Lyme CT well toxicity
- GMO Foods, chemotherapy, mammograms, nuclear power and highway radar are safe
- Pesticides, nail polish, hair dye and diesel fumes are not causing mass cancer
Top 10 Supplements Most People Over 40 Need
- Vitamin D (along with milk, etc., important for many body functions, along with sunlight)
- Vitamin B12 (along with organic vegetables with tops still on, deal with stress, etc.)
- Glucosamine & Condroitan (along with fish, intermittantly, for joints,)
- Omega 3 and olive oil (with white fish such as sardines, cod, etc., good for tissues and heart health)
- Vitamins A, C, E (along with assorted colorful vegetables, to prevent cancer)
- Mushroom extract (along with Reishi, Shiitake, Maitake, etc. mushrooms, for immunity)
- Astragalus and Echinacia (only when feeling run down)
- Flax (or brown rice, boiled grains such as millet, barley, quinoa, oats, etc., helps with digestion)
- Minerals (also available in sea vegetables, sea salt, etc., especially helps build tissues)
- Quercetin (also available in many vegetable fibers, many functions in the body)
Top 10 Natural Mood Enhancers:
- Take a long walk in a beautiful place (woods, the beach, Newbury Street, etc.)
- Do a body rub and take a shower
- Go for a swim or bike ride, play tennis or even a board game
- Watch comedy on television or YouTube, or log into Vine etc.
- Have some nice hot apple juice, hot carrot juice, hot sake or a beer
- Get a hug or a back rub from a family member
- Get something done on my to do list (return a book, paint the fence, clean the kitchen, etc.)
- Listening to music or playing music (Rush, Triumph, Boston, April Wine, Jazz or Disco works)
- Calling an old friend
- Meditating or chanting with sincere gratefulness, and satisfaction with life
Top 10 Ways to Ease Acid Reflux
- Avoid tomatoes and tomato sauce
- Cut soda, fruit juice, coffee, tea, alcohol and seltzer out
- Cook fruits and limit raw salads in winter
- Avoid all dairy foods
- Avoid beef, chicken and pork
- Avoid shellfish
- Eat brown rice and miso soup ~daily
- Have a pickle after each meal, and take a relaxing nature walk
- Chew 25-50 times per bite
- Drink water an hour before, and an hour after, but not during meals
Top 10 Ideas to Avoid Illness & Accidents
- Get to bed before 11pm and wake up before 7am
- Get a nature walk everyday, and keep plenty of plants in the house
- Eat boiled brown rice every day, along with other grains
- Do a daily body rub, and massage my feet and stretch
- Do daily affirmations, chanting and be very grateful
- Eat a well balanced, plant-based, organic diet
- Spend time every day with family and friends
- Do things for others and appreciate what I have
- Develop my intuition by deep listening, reading and being in nature
- Have a healthy skepticism of government, business, etc.
Ten Great Food Items For Better Health
- The Bridge Tofu
- Rhapsody Tempeh
- Sea Seasonings by Maine Coast Sea Vegetables
- Mushroom Medley at Ocean State Job Lot
- Quorn Chik’n Tenders and Meatless Grounds
- Mitoku Macrobiotic Umeboshi Plums
- Nama Shoyu by Ohsawa Macrobiotic
- Trader Joe’s Organic Filtered Apple Juice
- Organic Rice Nectar by Suzanne’s Specialties
- Craniosacral Therapy
- Network Chiropractic
- EFT (tapping)
- Positive Psychology
Top 10 Ways To Create Peace
- Drop sugar from your diet
- Only see the good in others
- Meditate every day
- Live mindfully and modestly
- Take a daily nature walk
- Forgive yourself completely
- Love, laugh and be grateful for freedom
- Listen deeply to everyone, especially your adversaries
- Take care of all living beings
- Make an effort to drink clean water and eat clean foods
Top 10 Ways to Make Cookies & Ice Cream Healthier
- Make treats dairy-free. Milk, cream, butter, half & half and cheese are arguably the most unhealthy foods. They also cause animal suffering and environmental problems. Almond milk, soy milk, rice milk, coconut milk, and earth balance, soy or corn oil work fine. When using chocolate, make sure sure the chocolate is dairy-free also. Trader Joe’s sells it.
- Make treats egg-free. Most eggs come from hens that are treated horribly. Living away from family, eggs stolen, days shortened, beaks cut off, the life of a chicken is hell. We’ll come back to the horrors of eating chicken. Instead, use egg replacer, or soy flour, or tapioca.
- Instead of using sugar, why not use brown rice syrup, agave nectar, or grade B maple syrup? They give our pancreas a break, and taste just fine.
- Stay away from chemical stabilizers, colorings, flavorings and preservatives. They allow longer shelf life, but shouldn’t we be buying local products or making things ourselves anyway, to support local businesses, and reduce fossil fuel use?
- Make smaller batches, and have smaller sizes at stores and restaurants. Also, end the idea of a free dessert. It isn’t helping Friendly’s anyway.
- Don’t eat dessert every day. Make it 2-3 times per week. And then, ice cream and cookies can be once per week. There are many healthy desserts, such as fruit, jello, pudding, breads, etc.
- Don’t allow kids to have both cake and ice cream, AND a sugary drink at a party. Limit them. They’ll win, and you’ll win. And do the same with parties. One per weekend. Let them get some outside time. Pick and choose. Balance.
- When you know a party is coming up, have a healthy meal before and after. With brown rice, cooked vegetables and beans, and maybe even miso soup. The latter is especially good after eating bacteria-laded milk products.
- Try to have your cookies and ice cream earlier in the day, so exercise and a healthy meal can improve the blood chemistry.
- Have a pickle or umeboshi plum after cookies or ice cream.
Top 10 Reasons to Eat Less Animal Foods
- Lose weight effortlessly
- Save money
- Get Sick Far Less
- Better Skin, Hair & Nails
- Improve the environment
- Reduce Animal Suffering
- Prevent Heart Disease, Cancer, Diabetes & Osteoporosis
- Lower Health Insurance
- Live Longer
- Improve Your Mood
Top 10 Ways to Lower Stress
- Eat fewer baked foods, eggs and less salt
- Eat less sugar and chemicals
- Do a body rub every day
- Take a :30 nature walk each day
- Eat less meat
- Replace coffee with green or bancha twig tea
- Put houseplants in your bedrooms, bathrooms and kitchen
- Go to sleep by 11pm and wake up by 7am every day
- Stop watching the news and violent television shows and movies
- Meditate or do yoga or have a massage several days per week
Top 10 Ways Supporting Employee Health Affects Your Bottom Line
- They will think less about taking a vacation
- They are able to focus better at meetings be less forgetful
- They will be less fearful about getting sick
- They will work longer hours and take fewer sick days
- They will get along better with peers
- They will come up with better ideas
- They will spend not increase your company medical costs
- They will not infect other workers
- They will be happier, and stay at the company longer
- They will be grateful for their health, and want to give to others
Top 10 Important Changes For the U.S. to Survive
- Defeat meat, dairy, sugar, chemical and bank lobbies
- Revoke personhood status by corporations
- Become a Transition Country
- End the war on drugs
- Sell the U.S. Postal Service
- Ban nuclear power, strip mining, drag net fishing, assault weapons
- Make it illegal to sell iodized or table salt, and high fructose corn syrup, and MSG as food
- Change the presidency to one six-year term
- Take ethanol out of gasoline
- Make it illegal to radiate, add hormones, pesticides and antibiotics to food products
Top 10 Foods You Should Eat
- Boiled brown rice every day
- Boiled millet, barley, oats and quinoa weekly
- Shiitake and other mushrooms frequently
- Umeboshi plums after sweets and on occasion
- Home-cooked azuki beans, black soy beans, lentils, peas and chick peas
- Daikon radish grated, dried in soups, stirfried and boiled
- Sea vegetables such as nori, wakame, kombu, dulse, arame, agar and hiziki often
- Rice syrup and agave nectar instead of sugar or corn syrup
- Winter squash, onions, carrots, cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower and kale
- Sesame seeds, pumpkin seeds, almonds & chestnuts, lightly cooked with less salt
Top 10 Ways to Improve Your Sleep
- Wake Up By 7am
- Walk for :30 Outside Every Day
- Do Physical Chores Such as Cooking, Cleaning or Yard Work
- Minimize Computer, Cell Phone and Television, and quit at 8pm
- Avoid Animal Foods, Especially Eggs, Chicken, Pork, Beef and Cheese
- Avoid Salty Foods, Baked Foods, and Sugary Foods and Beverages
- Enjoy a Light Conversation or Light Reading or Plan Your Day In The Evening
- Do Not Eat After 7pm
- Do a Body Rub and Shower At 9pm
- Meditate at 9:30pm and Lights out 10 or 10:30pm
Our lives are super stressful. Money is tight, and the government is currently not functioning. With winter closing in and the Red Sox and Patriot losses, there was probably a lot of unrest in the past few hours.
The bottom line is that animals can deal with stress, because they use nature in their lives more than humans. So focus on getting more nature in your life—not just once a year when you go on vacation, but every day.
Certain foods and activities cause more stress, such as meat, eggs, cheese, salt, and baked and dry foods. And other foods let that stress escape, such as soda, alcohol, drugs, etc.
Here are some food and lifestyle tips that really make a difference in lowering the incidents of minor (and major) domestic violence.
How to Stop Anger, Fights, etc. at Home
- Appreciate the little good things people do today vs. the mistakes
- Avoid chicken, beef, pork and eggs, cheese, garlic, MSG, alcohol, drugs and soda
- Serve brown rice, beans, and green vegetables, and chew well
- Take a walk after dinner; Make sure you have plenty of green plants in the house
- Don’t skip meals
- Take a body rub and shower before bed
- Skip watching the news
- Do affirmations: you are loved and you are grateful for what you have
- Get and give a hug
- Coach your kids that tomorrow’s problems are not relevant today
10 Ways to Lower Health Insurance Premiums
- Become mostly vegan (eat very little meat, eggs and dairy) and eat brown rice most every day
- Choose organic when it comes to animal foods, greens, apples and berries
- Exercise more, especially walking, biking and swimming
- Do a daily body rub, to exfoliate, improve circulation, life your mood and detox
- Consume fewer chemicals in the form of foods, medicines and body products
- Get more clean air and water at home and at work through filtering, plants and open windows
- Take up yoga, meditation, self-massage, affirmations, journal writing and hobbies
- Read A New Earth by Eckhart Tolle, The World Peace Diet by Will Tuttle & Health Your Self
- Heal your emotional wounds through counseling, reading, courses, etc.
- Have colon hydrotherapy and/or do a liver cleanse
Top 10 Ways to Prevent Heart Attacks
- Reduce stress every day by taking a :30 nature walk before 9am or after dinner
- Avoid eating eggs, chicken and cheese, and minimize all meats & dairy foods
- Eat regular meals, but eat less, particularly dinner and afterwards. Chew more
- Eat brown rice 5-7 x per week, plus boiled millet, barley and other whole grains
- Minimize sugary drinks, fruit juice, coffee, tea and alcohol, corn syrup and honey
- Eat well-cooked organic vegetables such as turnips, onions, squash, rutabega, radishes, mustard greens, kale, cauliflower and broccoli. Also eat sea veggies.
- Minimize fried foods, and restrict to plant-based, small amounts fried in fresh safflower, sesame or olive oil, or a combination thereof. Eat a pickle afterwards
- Stop smoking. Avoid dangerous fumes, chemicals and shocks at home and work
- Choose yoga, tai chi, or martial arts over lifting weights or running
- Do a daily body rub
Top 10 Ideas for Restaurants & Cafeterias
- Serve boiled or pressure-cooked brown rice every day, cooked with sea salt or kombu. This improves digestion, cognition, and has more protein than you think. It’s easy to make it different every time with so many varieties and additives. But it needs to be chewed well. Supplement with boiled millet, barley, quinoa, oats and buckwheat, as well as whole grain noodles, and sourdough bread.
- Eliminate all ground beef and hot dogs, as well as any meats with nitrates, nitrites, MSG, artificial colors and flavors, etc.
- Introduce fried vegetables (deep-fried also), especially onions, zucchini, sweet potato, carrot, mushrooms, and lotus root. They are delicious, relaxing, and helpful for joints in healing. Rather than adding salt or using ketchup, dip in long-brewed soy sauce, or mustard. Limit portions, and have a real (sea salt) pickle afterwards.
- Serve blanched and pressed salads with broccoli, cauliflower, chinese cabbage, carrots, scallions, cucumber, radish, etc. Blanching means boiling for under thirty seconds, then spreading out to cool fast. This activates nutrients and improves digestion and adsorption. Pressed salads can be done by hand or with a heavy weight, with or without sea salt. Same benefits.
- Reduce barbecued, broiled and baked animal foods such as beef, pork, poultry, fish or cheese, especially in the Summer. These meals add great stress and dry out the body, and the enormous energy of these meals is unnecessary for hospital patients, and can cause violence in a prison setting.
- Do not serve any diet products, as the sugar replacements cause obesity, toxicity and cancer. If soda is desired, make your own or buy natural syrup. Use less soft drinks including fruit juices, and reduce coffee and tea. Main beverages should be twig tea, green tea and water.
- Eliminate or greatly reduce milk, ice cream, cheese and other dairy products, as they cause osteoporosis, cancer, obesity, infections, allergies and skin problems.
- Cook fruit in the winter, and reduce spinach, eggplant, tomatoes, potatoes and peppers in the winter, making sure to cook them well. These “nightshades” cause acidosis in the body, leading to osteoporosis, arthritis and other diseases.
- Replace table salt with sea salt, use agave nectar and rice syrup instead of sugar and corn syrup, and refrain from salting food after cooking.
- Use more sea vegetables, fermented foods such as miso and tempeh, shiitake mushrooms, legumes, nuts and seeds.
In general, eating more fresh, organic, plant-based foods that are well cooked (more raw in summer), and de-emphasising fat, salt, sugar and chemicals, will lead to faster and more complete healing, and more happiness, for patients, inmates and staff.
I believe this can be done without an increase in food costs over the long term.
Top 10 Ways to Relax at Home or at Work
- Splash water on your face
- Take a nature walk
- Take a cat nap
- Have some fruit juice (hot apple juice or hot carrot juice are nice) or seltzer
- Take a shower
- Give yourself a foot massage or do some yoga or meditation
- Change into more comfortable clothing
- Watch television
- Eat some raw salad or a piece of fruit
- Get a hug
10 Ways to Knock Out Common Colds & Infections
- Stop eating dairy foods, especially cheese and milk. If you must, go organic
- Lay off all soft drinks and candy, especially diet
- Walk outside in the woods for :30 every day
- Eat differently for each season. In Winter, more boiled grains, root vegetables, sea vegetables and low sodium soups are good, occasionally meat and fish stews and plenty of cooked beans. Lay off tropical fruits, tomatoes, peppers, eggplant and chocolate.
- Do a body rub, as described here, once per day in the morning or evening
- Buy and eat superfoods such as shiitake mushroom, daikon radish, umeboshi plum, lotus root and burdock root, along with all kinds of vegetables
- Double the amount of green plants in your home
- Drink only filtered (not bottled) water, green and twig tea, and the occasional hot apple juice, hot carrot juice, or sweet vegetable drink (recipe here)
- Avoid chemicals such as cigarette smoke, diesel fumes, hair spray and coloring, nail polish, perfumes, paint and harsh cleansers
- Do yoga, meditation, affirmations, tai chi or self massage a few times per week
Top 10 Reasons To Give Up Eating Dairy Foods
- The price of dairy products has skyrocketed over the past few years
- Milk has been linked to thyroid cancer, which is found in approximately half of adults over 50. Comes from iodine used to treat mastitis. Also hormones, antibiotics, etc.
- All dairy products cause weight gain—cheese is at the top of the list
- Dairy foods have enormous amounts of bacteria, stressing our immune system. Pasteurization has consistently been found to be inadequate
- Any woman, and especially any mother can tell you that being milked several times per day for months at a time is extremely taxing. Misery loves company
- Dairy cows have a lifespan of just a 4-5 years, vs. 20 year normal lifespan.
- While milk is touted as good for your bones, milk drinkers have the most osteoporosis
- Milk has been linked to breast cancer, SIDS, Asthma, Allergies, leukemia, & diabetes
- Dairy products promote air, land and water pollution
- The U.S. Government, The Dairy Council and Big Pharma say milk is part of a healthy diet. They make huge profits while we sneeze and wheeze and choke down tons of addictive but harmful cheese!
- Cook and eat boiled grains 5-7 times per week. Today I’m cooking medium grain brown rice that I soaked overnight. Add a pinch of sea salt, use a ratio of 2:1, and boil covered for :45. What could be easier?
- Chew rice well, and add steamed or sauteed organic vegetables, steering clear of nightshade vegetables. Also use legumes, beans, mushrooms, nuts, seeds, and a bit of fermented foods such as miso and pickles.
- Improve circulation with a body rub, massage, yoga, walking and occasional holistic treatments.
- Keep lots of plants in your home, and spend time outdoors.
- Be grateful for what you have, smile, laugh and sing, and listen deeply to others.
- Get a good night’s sleep.
- Be generous. It comes back to you.
- Spend time with family.
- Create things and add value.
- Be gentle on others and the planet.
Top 10 ways to be more green:
- Compost at home and at work (or take it home)
- Instead of buying flowers, buy plants (healthier too!)
- Grow your own produce in your backyard
- Drive a smaller car and walk or ride your bike more often
- Eat less shrimp, beef, pork, chicken, turkey, eggs and dairy products
- Buy local produce instead of China, Mexico or Chile
- Recycle whenever possible, and hand down clothes, etc.
- Conserve electricity and water whenever possible
- Learn more about being green
- Join Transition Framingham or a group in your town
10 reasons not to eat beef:
- Linked to heart disease
- Linked to cancer
- Linked to obesity
- Linked to alzheimers
- Drains drinking water supplies
- Damages soil through fertilizer and toxic runoff
- Adds to climate change through methane and transport of beef
- Adds to animal suffering
- Adds to human suffering for those who must kill these animals
- Adds to violence in the world as people try to deal with the suffering
Have an idea that would look good on our top 10 lists? Comment below…